February 20, 2015

Currently Loving

Hi guys!  This might be a long one so bare with me :)

Today, I thought I would share somethings I am currently loving.  We have been having a crazy time trying to get everything completed in the new house (thanks Dad) and moving things over (again, thanks Dad).  He's been doing a lot of stuff on his own as either my mom or I have William or aren't home.  It's been a crazy process but I really think the end is in sight.  Yay!  Onto the current loves...

Books
  • The Martian by Andy Weir Okay, I cannot praise this book enough.  It is amazing.  It's witty.  It's nerve inducing.  It's just great.  If you haven't picked this up yet, do so RIGHT NOW!  Shout out to my friend Paul for getting this for me.  I seriously LOVE it.  Find it here.
  • The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo This book shook up my heart.  I love the idea of only keeping things that "spark joy".  The whole premise is about getting rid of the junk in your life that doesn't serve a purpose anymore.  She explains how sometimes it's hard to throw things away because we will feel guilty about getting rid of it but that's exactly why you need to let it go.  I haven't taken on the task of "tidying" my stuff yet because it's strewn across two houses in boxes but I'm definitely planning on a day where I can put these steps into practice in my life.  Find it here.
Music          Have you ever listened to a song on repeat for days?  And yes, I mean days.  There were two songs so far this year that I have been listening to non stop on repeat. 
  •  First off Electric Love by BORNS.  Every time I hear this song it immediately puts me in an awesome mood.  I've listened to the rest of their EP as well but there is something about Electric Love that keeps me coming back for more.  Listen here.
  • Next is It's OK by Cee Lo Green.  I will admit that when Forget You came on the radio I never explored the album it was on.  Then about a week ago I though I should just check it out. I think Bright Lights Bigger City kind of just re-sparked my interest.  When I started listening to It's OK I have no idea what came over me, but I love jamming to it in the car.  You can listen here.
Movies
  • I have seen MANY great movies over the past few weeks but Gone Girl is standing out when I think of my current favorites.  I haven't read the book yet but I wanted to see Rosamund Pike's performance.  That movie took me on a ride that I was not expecting to go on.  I still find myself thinking about it and I saw it a few weeks ago.  I watched it by renting from the iTunes store.  
TV
  • Scandal & How To Get Away With Murder have been BLOWING MY MIND.  I cannot get enough of these shows.  I am always so worked up after watching these back to back.  If you watch these, let's chat on Thursday while they air because it's so much fun.  I usually live tweet as well if I'm not too stunned to even come up with words.
YouTube
  • Jeremy Jahns is my current favorite YouTuber.  I love his movie reviews so much.  I don't agree with every thing he says but he's usually a great judge of whether it is worth it to trek to the theater to see something.  You can find his channel here.
    (Side note:  Have you all heard about a ad-less YouTube subscription service and what are your thoughts?)
Beauty
  • So I've been going sans make-up almost this entire year because of how cold it is.  I don't want to put anything on my face because it's been super sensitive this winter.  Lately though I've been mixing Roden & Fields Gentle Cleanser in with whatever other cleanser I'm using and it is AMAZING.  I've been finding some of the face washes I'm  using a little too harsh and as I couldn't really afford to pick up a new skin care line, I decided to figure something out with what I had.  And so far, I'm loving it.  Interested in Roden &Fields?  My cousin is a consultant and you can learn more here.
Clothes
  • My grey sweatshirt from the men's section at Old Navy, hands down.  This thing is COMFY and COZY.  I would wear it daily if I could.  I almost do at least while lounging around the house.  I'm over wearing winter clothes though... Come on spring/summer!  Find it here.
Random
  • I probably could have put this under movies but it's more of a William favorite.  My mom and I showed him Lion King and he loved it.  He loves the animals and the music. When I was younger I would watch it every single day.  If William decides to watch Lion King every day I'll be content with it.  Also - he's starting to like Miles from Tomorrowland more than Mickey Mouse Club House.
    *Does happy dance to the Miles from Tomorrowland theme song because it's actually awesome*
Okay friends.  We made it to the end.  I'd love to know what some of the things you've been loving are... Feel free to comment or just text me so we can chat about your current loves.  

STAY WARM!

No comments:

Post a Comment