October 7, 2013

Random October Update

Hello everyone!  It has been quite awhile since I've sat down to write a blog post.  I feel like time is going a mile a minute and I just can't keep up.  We are getting so close to the baby's due date and it is starting to feel SO REAL!  I can't believe there is only about 40 days until November 16... how the heck did that happen?  I still remember think I had so much time back in May and now it's October... Phew!

September literally flew by and to tell you the truth I can't really remember too much about that month.  We put the crib together and it is absolutely gorgeous.  I am OBSESSED with it.  I cannot wait to put it to use... even thought that won't be for awhile.  Brandon and I have been straightening areas of the house up and trying to get things organized for little William's arrival.  My mom graciously got us a 3D ultra sound.  That was the most amazing thing I've ever done!  It was so special getting so see his actual little face!  I honestly think he looks like me but we will just have to wait until he gets here to be sure.  We are seriously so excited and I think I'm only just a bit nervous... even though some days I have total breakdowns thinking I'm not ready for this.

We had our shower on October 5 and it was so wonderful.  It was so nice to get to see some faces that I haven't seen in YEARS!  I got to see my three best friends from high school which was really special!  We had the shower at my dad's work and honestly I think it was a big success.  Even if they spelled my  name wrong on the cake, OY!!  We had a diaper raffle and honestly... I am so happy.  We have a huge diaper mountain in the baby's room and I know they will get put to use.





Overall I'm feeling really blessed and extremely tired.  As soon as I'm doing writing this blog post I will be headed for bed... I know that having to wake up every 2 hours or so to pee is just training for when the baby wants to wake up every 2 hours to eat, but it really wipes me out.  Ha!

Today was a really special day because Brandon and I got to babysit Harper!  My great friend Rachel's daughter is just so precious!  I think she makes anyone who holds her smitten because she has the cutest smile and laugh.  It is great practice for Brandon and I as well... since we will be having our own little tyke in about 5 weeks... AHH!!

Since I am so exhausted and have lot's more work to do tomorrow for Grad School, I'm going to end this post here.  Thanks to everyone who reads these little blog posts and I hope you like them.

Goodnight :)


No comments:

Post a Comment