November 2, 2013

Baby Month!

Happy November everyone.  It is officially baby month which means little Will is going to get here in the next couple of weeks.  I am so excited and also just a bit nervous.  Lot's of things have been going on throughout October so I will recap the month to the best my memory allows!

I know I posted about the baby shower already but a few more gifts have rolled in from other friends and family who were unable to attend as well as a shower held in Chesterfield!  I'm really behind on thank you notes because the King household has been really busy.  I just wanted to give a brief thank you to everyone who got a little something for William.  Brandon and I appreciate it so much and even putting in writing isn't enough.  I want to hug you all.  Brandon and I feel very loved by all of my family and friends.  

We have set up the baby's room *almost* completely.  Since he won't be sleeping in there right away we still have some boxes that are unopened from the shower of things we aren't going to be using just yet.  I'm really happy how it turned out though.  The crib looks great and we put some cute decals on the wall.

Over the past month Brandon and I have been doing a little bit of baby sitting.  It was really fun honestly and somedays very tiring.  There will be nothing like the day I was holding Harper and I had to bend down to get something off of the floor; I got stuck on the floor because my balance was off and I was holding a 4 month old.  Let's just say I had to get some help to get back up.  Overall pretty funny.



This cutie, Harper!

Over this month Brandon and I both got pretty bad colds.  It was pretty stressful because EVERYONE in the house was sick or hurt.  We used up two boxes of tissues in two days.  I was really bummed out because I couldn't take dayquil or nyquil.  Those are my go-to cold medicines but I had to stick with Tylenol... which did not really work.  We went to the store late one night because I felt really bad and I wanted to pick up a different medicine that I could take and we were looking for one of those nasal vicks things.  I can't remember the actual name.  Well, we couldn't find them so I suggested Brandon get some breathe right strips.  They actually worked even though they make you look very strange at night.  

I also just wanted to do a quick update on my mom.  She has finished chemo and finished radiation but she is still having a really, really difficult time with eating and drinking and also talking.  Right now we have to watch her temperature very carefully because her white blood cell count is so low, this makes her very prone to infection:  Brandon and I had to pretty much stay away while we were sick.  Most of the time she is not feeling very social but I'm pretty sure she was so happy to receive so many nice comments and messages on facebook.  I really hope that she starts to get better very soon because it is hard to see your parent so sick.  It makes me very, very sad especially because I can't really do that much for her.  

For those who don't know my brother is back in Arizona.  He was having some trouble adjusting and even had some trouble in Arizona.  He is back in a rehab facility which I think is for the best.  I hope he stays serious and stays there for awhile because time is really the only thing able to fix his issues.  I love my brother but I definitely do not love all of his decisions.

Ok onto a brighter note:  Brandon was hired at Toys'R'US!  He went on this job application spree and applied to a lot of places and that one got back the fastest.  I'm really happy for him and also proud!  He is a hard working guy.  I really miss working although getting to relax with this giant stomach is pretty nice because a lot of times I can't do too much without getting really tired.

Halloween was fun this year.  I was having a little bit of depression because I really miss my friends from CCU and really miss the whole Halloweekend thing that goes along with college.  I have to say I am very sad I'm missing out on the Tri-Mega halloween party.  Brandon and I dressed up to hand out candy to trick or treaters.  It was a little slow going so we brought out the computer and watched Scream which I had never seen before.  It was a really great night.  I already cannot wait to dress up little William next year.  Halloween is the best!!

Brandon as Cam newton!
Minnie Mouse!


So it's homecoming weekend at Coastal I truly am heartbroken that I can't attend.  But I mean, traveling at 9months for 10 hours is just TOO MUCH.  I had a hard enough time in the car the last time we went down in late August/September.  I said no more!  I'm also really proud of the Chants!  8-0 and hopefully they will be 9-0 at the end of the day today.  I'm so proud of my school!!  To anyone in the SOC reading this, live up the time you have at Coastal and with the SOC family because it goes by very fast.  Good luck CCU!!

I am still shell shocked that is November already.  I cannot believe that baby month has truly arrived.  Now we just play the waiting game until he gets here.  Some people are picking days to try and guess!  If you have a guess, message or text me and then we will just see who got it right.  :-)

I hope everyone had a wonderful October and I will talk to you soon!  
XO - Jacqui

P.S.  I got my first private saxophone student!  I am so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment