December 30, 2013

13 things from 2013

As 2013 comes to a close I wanted to recollect on some of things that happened this year.  It was a huge year for me and hopefully 2014 is even better.



13.  So I turned 22 in 2013.  As far as I've been told I had a great time at my birthday party.  I know I rocked out to Taylor Swift a lot.  I felt amazing at my 22nd birthday and I got to spend it with some of my best friends.



12.  I was offered a job at The Mann Center in Philadelphia.  I took it and unfortunately due to a lot of family issues and my pregnancy, I left.  It was the best decision at the time.  The short time that I was there taught me a lot that I can take into my next job.



11.  I completed my senior recital.  It was an extremely stressful road and I got extremely frustrated along the way but it was well worth it.  I had goals set and accomplished them.  I loved being able to share something I am passionate about with others and I was blessed to have so many family members and friends attend.  (Shout out to Krista for coming from DC!)



10.  I graduated from Coastal.  One of my biggest accomplishments in my life so far.  Those 4 years went by so fast.  I learned a lot about myself and it was really hard at times.  I'm very happy though to have had the opportunities with CCU and especially the marching band.  They were seriously my second family since mine was so far away.  It also really cool to say, "I have a degree"



9.  Brandon and I adopted a cat!  Jackson is the first pet that was not my parents.  I love the little fellow even though he is such a pain in the neck.  He always knew the best times to cuddle with me though and I would not trade him for anything!



8.  I moved back in with my parents and left SC.  This was the best decision because now we can save up money and not have extra stress that we don't need.  It was also really hard… Living off in a different state with no parents was a blast but it's really hard to return to living with parents.  But… there's no shame in it.  It needed to happen, especially with everything going on in my life.



7.  I got accepted to University of Kentucky for a Masters degree in Arts Admin.  It was not an easy semester honestly and I'm still in the process of finishing up.  (I had to take incompletes) I just feel really blessed to be able to pursue a degree in something I'm really interested in and have such understanding professors.  I'm excited for classes next semester.



6. I got to see one of my favorite band live.  It was a sold out concert at The Mann and I got to see FUN.  Yep, this is one of my top memories of this past year.  It was aaaamazing.  When I was back stage I saw them in person as well and almost passed out.  I was just so happy.  This band saved my life so many times by just giving me hope when it was all lost.  And making me get out of bed when I didn't even want to get up.  This was really big for me.



5.  I got to reconnect with PA friends.  This meant a lot to me because I felt like I did not really have a any friends here.  I feel a lot better about being in this area knowing I have people that will have my back.



4.  I got to travel a lot in the past year.  I went to Disney World, PA, SC, and NH!  It was awesome.  I loved going to New Hampshire to support Brandon at the playhouse.  It was awesome.  I loved getting to go to Disney with my BFF!  I'm out of time to go anywhere else this year but I'm hoping to be able to make some cool trips with Brandon and Will in the upcoming years.





3.  I got engaged.  Most people my age probably think this is NUTS but it really is the right thing for Brandon and I to do.  We love each other, we don't have any intentions of breaking up, and we had talked about it a ton.  Now everybody knows and I have a ring... so if I go out no creepy dudes can bother me.  I'm not looking for anyone else.  Brandon is the love of my life.  (Through every high and low)



2.  Getting involved with AdvoCare.  This was the best decision I've made for myself in such a long time.  I could seriously word vomit about this for hours so I am going to keep this brief.  I am so close to pre-baby weight and I kept up a diet over the holidays… If I can do that I can do anything I set my mind to.  I feel like a champion.  :)



1. This year I gave birth to my son William Harrison.  This was probably one of the hardest things to come to terms with but turned out to be one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me.  Having a baby changes your whole life and it is scary yet exciting all at the same time.  It is just an absolute miracle to have a little human that is half you and half someone else.  He is seriously the light of my life.







I cannot wait for 2014 and everything it has in store.  Tomorrow I'm going to write out my resolutions.  I really want to make some goals and stick to it.  I already have a couple in mind!

Happy New Year!!  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment