January 2, 2014

Weightloss Story… Currently in progress!

My journey of losing weight stems back to my senior year of high school.  During that year my highest weight was 233. I was not really happy with myself but I did not really do anything about it.  I suffered from server migraines that I got multiple times a week.  They would cause me to get sick (throw up) and then need to seclude myself to a dark quiet room and sleep for a few hours.  Overall this left me feeling really unmotivated and drained a lot of the time.

At the end of that year I was prescribed to a medication for migraines called Topamax.  It had A LOT of weird side effects.  I'd get tingling sensations in my face and extremities and it made soda taste like metal.  That was gross.  But one of the side effects I really "like" was that it heavily suppressed my appetite.  I lost 50 pounds while on topamax.  I lost that weight mostly from not eating if we are being completing honest.  For almost the first half of my freshman year at college I barely ate anything except when with friends.  I didn't really care about my overall health or anything because hey… I was losing A LOT of weight.  The lowest weight I reached was 173.  I was happy about it at the time honestly.


So over the next few years at college I yo-yoed with my weight a lot.  I had sworn to myself that I'd never get back to 200.  But this was an empty promise to myself because I never really learned how to lose weight or eat healthy.  I just didn't eat.  So when I started eating again I gained between 20-30 pounds back.  I'm not really sure.  You could really see it the summer before my sophomore year at Coastal because I worked a desk job and ate.  A LOT of really bad food.  So in the picture below I was at about 200.


Over the course of the next two years of my college career I went between 183-193 a lot.  For some reason those were the numbers that I always saw.  Let's be real, I wanted to get back to 173 but honestly just did nothing to really try.  I worked out sometimes and stopped eating but clearly that doesn't work and fix the problem.  So for some reason my birthdays tend to be milestones for me.  When I reached my 22 birthday, I felt HOT.  I don't even remember what my weight was (I think around 185) but I didn't care.  I was so confident with myself and was just proud that I had stabilized my weight.  I did not feel this way at my 21st.  Especially when I looked back at pictures… funny how that happens.


this is 21st birthday vs 22nd birthday
(march 2)

And then I got pregnant.  So fast forward to November.  I am now 40 pounds heavier carrying a little bundle of joy.  I knew I wanted to be healthy after my main man got here so I had to think and decide what I wanted to do.  I joined Advocare.  I message Cheri St. Martine (my AMAZING coach and mentor and friend!) and got my challenge ordered.  I literally couldn't wait for it to get to my house.  I read a lot of stories about advocare.  Read through the advocare tag on tumblr.  And just sent Cheri a bunch of questions about why she chose it and how it helped her.

So clearly I had to wait a bit after William was born to do the challenge.  He was born November 9 and I started my challenge December 8.  I am now finished the challenge and I am SO HAPPY.  I am so proud I accomplished this.  I am going to keep moving forward with advocare into 2014.  (*Hopefully become an advisor*) I am headed to success school with my teammates on January 4 and I cannot wait!  I'm also going to continue and do the "burn phase" over again.  

I have never felt HEALTHIER.  In my whole time at college I yo-yoed between not eating, binge drinking, and over eating.  (Ask Brandon, we have plenty of over eating stories… Yikes)
I am not at my smallest weight or even at "pre-baby" weight yet.  I just FEEL like a healthier version of myself.  Ultimately I have 30 more pounds to lose for my official goal weight of 2014 but I know with my support system and advocare I will get there. So now I'm going to post my before and after pictures.  I'm not where I need to be but I am freaking proud of myself.

Advocare 24 day Challenge results:
This is December 9, 2013 and December 31, 2013.
I lost 9 pounds and 20.5 inches all over.
I lost 8 inches from my hips and 6 from my waist.
My pre baby jeans already fit but I much rather wear leggings…

I cannot wait to see what 2014 has in store for me and I hope you all stick around to see how it goes.  Thanks for supporting me!  Happy New Year!
xoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment