December 23, 2014

14 Things from 2014

Here a compilation of some memorable moments for me in 2014.

14. I had three jobs this year.  I spent a couple months working at Mamzelle hair salon.  I spent 6 months at TBI Mortgage and rounding out this year at Oak Mortgage.  It's been a whirlwind for me professionally this year, but I'm so grateful.

13. I moved into my first apartment and got to see first hand what it's like to be an adult.  It's not easy.  It's not fun.  Stay in the nest little birds, as long as possible.

12. Planned and cancelled a wedding.

11. I got to go to my college's homecoming football game with friends, SC.  I had so much fun tailgating as a non band person. (Shout out to the Abarbanell's!!)

10. I did CrossFit for awhile.  I had to stop due to my financial issues, but it was well worth it while it lasted. I learned a lot about myself which helped me make some extremely tough decisions.  I'm so grateful for that experience.

9. I withdrew from Graduate school to focus on my son.  It wasn't an easy choice, but I know in my bones that it was the right one.  It just wasn't the right time for me to be in school.  One day, I will shoot for a masters but for right now, I'm content and happy.

8. I went through huge ups and downs emotionally.  Some of it may have been a product of over zealous  hormones from the after pregnancy stage, but I had some extremely dark days and I'm happy to say I'm finally starting to come out of it.

7.  I binge watched a few TV series on netflix for example ---

  • House of cards
  • Parks n Rec
  • Dexter
  • Orange is the new black
  • Parenthood
6. I also FINALLY jumped on The Hunger Games bandwagon.  I can't even tell you how many tears I cried over Peeta Mellark.  I felt personally betrayed by Suzanne Collins after reading Mockingjay.  (SPOILER-->  He doesn't even die and I still sobbed like a little baby)

5.  Spent another year battling with body image issues and eating.  I'm determined to take this on to the max in 2015.  We are all human and I don't expect to be perfect but I plan on working on finding what exactly works best with me.  I appreciate every single person who has supported me on this journey.

4.   I took a lot of time to really learn about myself and what I want out of life.  It's been good for me.  I spent so much time of my life trying to please others and this year I made a conscience effort to put myself before others (not William but you can catch my drift)

3. My parents put my childhood home on the market and bought a new home. SO EXCITING AND SCARY!

2. I began to make ammends and reached out to old friends that I had lost touch with.  It's been so amazing to not have any of the past weigh down on me anymore.  I love all my friends so much, old, new, and renewed.  :)

1.  Every single moment with William was the best moment of my life.


Here's to a happy Christmas and a happy new year!  <3




No comments:

Post a Comment