January 8, 2015

The Blog I never knew I needed

I'm going to take a wild guess and say I'm not the only person who stares at her closet in frustration trying to figure out what to wear.  I have more than enough options all saying pick me but I cannot for the life of me choose.  So I decide to wear jeans and my favorite grey hoodie.  For work I just throw on my black dress pants or leggings and whatever sweater I see first.  I feel disheveled.  I feel like I have no sense of style.  I feel like it's pouring into other aspects of my life.  I've constantly said things like I need a fashion overhaul or I need to purge everything and start fresh.  As great as that would be, "what not to wear" is no longer given misguided fasionistas $5,000 to shop with.

(I certainly don't have the funds)

I recently stumpled upon a website called babble and starting looking through different articles that peeked my interest.  The site is essentially a ton of fantastic bloggers that post to the site about lifestyle, motherhood, and other topics.  Totally my type of site.  As I was browsing I found an interview with a blogger named Caroline.  The words that grabbed me were "clarity" and "creativity" in reference to her wardrobe.

SO.  I ventured over to her blog UnFancy and went through her posts in a style equivalent to binge watching your favorite show on Netflix.  Her approach to style is so unique and simple.  I love the idea of a capsule wardrobe and how she says everyone's capsule can be adjusted for their lifestyle.

As we are now one week into 2015, I'm claiming this year as a selfish year.  I saw a quote about it on tumblr and it just stuck with me.  I want to define myself instead of spending my life running around aimlessly trying to chase a temporary thrill.  My resolutions are conducive to this and I'm excited for this year of discovery.

I had no idea how inspired I'd be stumbling across Caroline's blog, but I definitely think I know what I'm doing with my closet before I move out of the apartment.

2015 will be a selfish year. My time and focus will be invested on me. On improving myself. I want to become a better person physically and mentally. I want to let go of my fears and learn to love myself.



Sidenote:  The vegan diet is going well.  I'm excited to keep going and find new dishes that work with my lifestyle and preferences.  Currently, I'm loving the deconstructed burrito (rice, black beans, vegan cheese, lettuce, and salsa tossed into a bowl) and have eaten it at 4/5 of my last meals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment